The Aboitiz Group triumphed at the Public Relations Society of the Philippines’ (PRSP’s) Anvil Awards held this year at Shangri-La at The Fort last March 23 with two gold and five silver awards.
The Anvil is a prestigious symbol bestowed by the PRSP to outstanding PR campaigns, programs and tools. Held annually, the awards night recognizes PR and communication practitioners in the country for their exemplary performance in the field.
Two gold Anvils were awarded to Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV) and Aboitiz food business unit Pilmico for AGORA (Aboitiz Group Online Resources Application), the Aboitiz Group’s new groupwide Intranet portal designed to be the nerve center of corporate and business information in a single, easy-to-access platform, and Tinapay Natin Pinoy Bread Baking Competition, a nationwide baking contest that celebrates local bread creations and strengthens pride of local produce, respectively.
Five silver Anvils were also awarded for:
- AEV’s Aboitiz Groupwide Simultaneous Tree-Planting (which consolidates the Group’s nationwide reforestation initiatives under the company’s larger A-Park program)
- AEV’s Aboitiz No Impact Challenge (the Aboitiz Group’s version of the global and environmental No Impact initiative)
- UnionBank’s 2016 Annual Report titled “A Higher Purpose” that showcases how the Bank treasures its relationships with its customers and stakeholders
- UnionBank’s launch of its First Ever Selfie Banking (a state-of-the-art facial recognition sign-in technology)
- WeatherPhilippines’ Building A #WeatherWiser Nation (a campaign focused on showcasing the foundation’s strategy in bringing weather resilience and disaster preparedness to the consciousness of Filipinos)
These awards manifest the Aboitiz Group’s strategic pillar of Execution Excellence and reflect its core values of teamwork and innovation.