Arcel Madrid | May 31, 2017
Who knew that by losing weight and staying healthy, we can also help out other members of our community? In AP Renewables Inc. (APRI), team members were able to do just that through the Biggest Loser: Biggest Winner Challenge.
About the Biggest Loser: Biggest Giver Challenge
- The activity aims to foster health-giving competition to help raise funds for the benefit of APRI’s annual Christmas Outreach beneficiaries.
- It will help APRI’s employees start the year in good condition and keep a hearty lifestyle.
- It is a 60-day challenge from January 30 to March 31, where there will be a weekly weigh in at the site clinic by the Company Nurse and/or the SPOC assigned.
- Registration fee is PHP500
- Employees will be fined PHP50 for every pound he or she gains from the previous weigh in.
- For every pound the employee loses, his/her two sponsors shall give PHP 20 each for the Biggest Loser Fund as a reward for a successful week of his/her bet participant.
- Biggest Loser will win 50% of the total registration fee
Losing weight is not easy, but for Aaron Arcega of Maintenance Department, it is a process he was very much willing to commit to.
Motivated to help indigent kids, Aaron worked his way to reducing his weight to 160.9 lbs., 12.58% below his previous weight of 184.1 lbs.
He achieved this by eating right and exercising well. His discipline, his passion for helping, and the support of his loved ones were what drove him to who he is today: stronger, healthier, and an inspiration to all others who want to be fit.
“I want to be the biggest loser and the biggest giver at the same time. These past two years, I was not able to volunteer and be a kuya to the indigent kids of our host communities. Bumabawi ako ngayon. This is my way of giving back to them.”
-Aaron Arcega, Maintenance Department, APRI