Celestine Trinidad | February 15, 2019
The Philippine Electricity Market Corporation (PEMC) held the first Wholesale Electricity Spot Market (WESM) Compliance Officer Summit (WCO Summit) at Novotel Manila Araneta Center last January 24, 2019. This is one of the programs being implemented by PEMC to foster WESM compliance practices among its trading participants.
Highlights of the event include the awarding of WESM generators that are compliant to Forecast Accuracy measured in Mean Average Percentile Error (MAPE) and Real-Time Dispatch (RTD) Tolerance and Must-Offer Rule (MOR), covering the last quarter of 2018. MAPE is a measurement that indicates the accuracy used in price forecasting.
Among all the registered WESM generators in Luzon and Visayas, AboitizPower won the following awards:
(1) Compliance to Forecast Accuracy Standard for Must-Dispatch Generators
- Rank 1: Hedcor Sabangan-Sabangan HEPP
- Rank 2: Hedcor, Inc.- Ampohaw and Bakun HEPP
- Rank 3: Hedcor, Inc.- Irisan 1 HEPP
- Rank 4: Hedcor, Inc.- Sal-angan HEPP
- Rank 5: Hedcor, Inc.- Irisan 3 HEPP
- Rank 6: San Carlos Sun Power
(2) Compliance to RTD and MOR for Conventional and Priority Dispatch Generators
- Rank 4: Cebu Private Power Corporation
- Rank 12: East Asia Utilities Corporation
Market Compliance Manager Jayson Francisco, Market Compliance Specialist Glynn Gayman, Corporate Planning Supervisor Shirley Flavier, Corporate Planning Specialists Dyna Mallare and Elaine Balicha represented AboitizPower at the awarding ceremony.
PEMC encourages WESM compliance and enforcement officers to attend this summit as part of their enrollment to the WCO Accreditation Program implemented this year. The program also includes training and examinations that will assess the officers’ knowledge in WESM Rules and Manuals.