- PJVAC welcomed top graduating Vet Med students for an industry-focused learning event
- Keynote presenters gave value-adding talks on leadership and led various interactive activities
Pilmico organized its first ever Pilmico Jr. Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science Congress (PJVAC) last August 6 and 7 at the Ninoy Aquino Center in Luisita Tarlac.
With the banner theme “Broadening Horizons for Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science”, PJVAC is a pioneering event in the animal nutrition industry that gathered the top 40 most promising graduating Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science Students from 13 colleges and universities all over the Philippines.
Delegates learned from technical talks on swine, poultry, and game fowls as well as leadership and inspirational talks and also took part in team building exercises, a case study challenge, and various interactive activities with fellow students and Pilmico team members.
• Pilmico as an organization is not merely defined by the number of years it has been in operation but rather, defined by our PEOPLE and our common-shared Aboitiz values of Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Responsibility. – CFO Ebbie G. Mabatid
• Leaders in Pilmico are self-driven individuals who are not afraid to make a contribution or leave a mark. They are willing to make mistakes, because it is from these mistakes that they learn to do better. And they are willing to take responsibility for their actions, no matter what the outcome. – VP and COO for Feeds Tristan Aboitiz
• We believe that we can do well by doing good, considering the interests of people, planet, and profit. At the end of the day, we want to be known as a company not just driven by our values but by our purpose. – Marketing Manager for Feeds JP Pangilinan on Pilmico’s Mahalin Pagkaing Atin movement to save backyard farming.